As per the guidelines, MOT assessment involves the following vehicle classes:
- Class 1: Two-wheelers below 200cc
- Class 2: Two-wheelers above 200cc
- Class 3: Three-wheelers weighing up to 450 kg
- Class 4: Eight-seat passenger cars, Motor caravans, etc.
- Class 5: Play buses, Coaches, etc.
- Class 7: Goods and services vehicles between 3001 kg to 3500 kg of gross weight
MOT check service
A DVSA-certified garage like ours examines VEHICLE components to ensure vehicle roadworthiness:
- Exhaust emission
- Car body
- Fuel system
Certificates provided after an MOT Southampton
An authorised service centre provides a VT20 and VT30 certificate after MOT assessment.
VT20:When all the car components pass the MOT check, your vehicle receives this one-year validity certificate.
VT30:When car components fail to pass the MOT Car Southampton per the DVSA guideline, it receives a VT30 certificate.
However, you can opt for post-MOT repairs and then go for a free partial re-test within the next ten working days after receiving a VT30.
To ensure a confirmed VT20 certificate after MOT assessment, you can opt for a pre-MOT check for your vehicle. All the car components checked in the MOT test are inspected in a pre-MOT Southampton and replaced or repaired to help your car pass the test in one attempt.
For further assistance, visit us at Unit 30-32 St Marys Place, SO14 3HY or mail us your queries at email@example.com.